An integral member of the Finance Department, the Bookkeeper/Staff Accountant will enter journal and cash receipts entries into the general ledger system, review all posted entries into the general ledger to ensure accuracy, reconcile departmental credit card statements and petty cash requests monthly, and prepare timely monthly grant billing. In addition, they will assist the department with analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts on a monthly basis, serve as backup for accounts payable, and execute other various accounting functions as needed.
- Associated degree in accounting is preferred.
- 4-5 years of prior bookkeeping experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel Software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook.
- Familiarity with MIP accounting system experience a plus.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding all employee information.
- Ability to be productive and accurate with assigned accounting tasks.
Department: Financial Administration
Reports To: Senior Director of Finance
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9:00am-4:45pm (Flexibility Required)
Exemption Status: Exempt
We offer a competitive starting salary; excellent benefits package; medical/dental; 401(k); short/long term disability; transportation subsidy; tuition reimbursement; student loan forgiveness; adoption assistance; first time home owner assistance; and generous vacation allotment.
Please send your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements and the job code: HR-BK to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing Episcopal Community Services, Human Resources, 225 S. 3rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106. EOE