As an integral part of ECS’ new direction, this position will have oversight of implementing both the Prosperity model and a coaching culture throughout all of the organization’s programs and services. The Director of Opportunity Development will champion the Prosperity model and is responsible for providing oversight and support to Opportunity Development Coaching staff as they assist participants in making progress towards goals related to economic self-sufficiency in alignment with The Bridge.
This position will plan, coordinate, and document implementation of the Prosperity model into all ECS programs. This position will also monitor operations, workflow, and service delivery of the Opportunity Development department, as well as develop and facilitate training modules for internal and external audiences. The Director of Opportunity Development is supervised by the Chief of Programs, and together, they will ensure a culture of strong coaching values and practices is institutionalized throughout ECS.
- Master’s degree in Organizational Development or other like Master’s level degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years of project management experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with coaching and capacity for effective coaching.
- Experience with strategic planning.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proven ability to develop and facilitate workshops and trainings.
- Knowledge of the effects of intergenerational poverty on individuals and families in Philadelphia.
- Comprehensive understanding of performance outcome measurement and quality improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Ability to function as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to manage budget.
- Ability to represent ECS effectively in a variety of settings, and with diverse communities.
Department: Opportunity Development
Reports To: Chief of Programs
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9:00am-4:45pm (Flexibility Required)
Exemption Status: Exempt
We offer a competitive starting salary; excellent benefits package; medical/dental; 401(k); short/long term disability; transportation subsidy; tuition reimbursement; student loan forgiveness; adoption assistance; first-time homeowner assistance; and generous vacation allotment.
Please send your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements and the job code: HR-DOD to email@example.com or by mailing Episcopal Community Services, Human Resources, 225 S. 3rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106. EOE