Utilizing the ECS Path to Prosperity model (adapted from EMPath’s Mobility Mentoring® Model) and The Bridge, the Opportunity Development Coach Coordinator will lead a team of Coaches as they partner with participants to assess needs and set goals in the areas of housing, career development, education/training, financial management, family stability or well-being. This position will also maintain a caseload of participants.
The Coach Coordinator will work with the Director of Emergency Housing and Manager of Permanent Housing to assign participants to coaches. The Opportunity Development Coach Coordinator ensures the team is managing caseloads in accordance with contractual obligations and works closely with the Director of Opportunity Development to support the design of the department.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or similar Master’s level degree required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience, preferably in a Case Manager supervisor role.
- Experience with coaching and capacity for effective coaching.
- Experience working in database systems such as the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), the Integrated Clearinghouse Software (ICHS), Department of Human Services (DHS), FACES, and/or other similar high-quality data-base systems.
- Knowledge of and ability to access entitlement programs and community resources.
- Knowledge and experience working with unemployed and under-resourced populations.
- Comprehensive understanding of performance outcome measurement and quality improvement.
- Computer proficiency and working knowledge of relevant software and applications.
- Excellent assessment skills, including assessment of strengths and needs.
- Excellent problem solving, mediation, crisis management, trauma-informed care, and consensus and team building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to facilitate workshops and trainings.
- Proven ability to successfully collaborate on projects with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Adept in supporting and monitoring the development of case planning utilizing goals that are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-Bound (SMART).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential participant information in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy standards and ECS Confidentiality Practices.
- Ability to represent ECS effectively in a variety of settings, and with diverse communities.
Department: Opportunity Development
Reports To: Opportunity Development Coach Coordinator
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9:00am-4:45pm (Flexibility Required)
Exemption Status: Exempt
We offer a competitive starting salary; excellent benefits package; medical/dental; 401(k); short/long term disability; transportation subsidy; tuition reimbursement; student loan forgiveness; adoption assistance; first time home owner assistance; and generous vacation allotment.
Please send your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements and the job code: HR-ODCC to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing Episcopal Community Services, Human Resources, 225 S. 3rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106. EOE