In addition, Residential Assistants support participants as they enter and exit our program, maintain daily routines and follow ECS and OHS policies. Residential Assistants are also responsible for maintaining a well-run, safe, and clean facility. As such, their day to day tasks may include maintenance and food services responsibilities as needed.
Utilizing the ECS Path to Prosperity model (adapted from EMPath’s Mobility Mentoring Model®), Residential Assistants work in teams with Opportunity Development Coaches to support participants’ goals related to securing permanent housing, employment, education, financial security, family stability and individual well-being.
- High School Diploma (college social/human services courses desired).
- 2 years’ experience working with at risk populations (Domestic Violence, Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol).
- Experience working with a diverse population of women and children.
- Knowledge of shelter system and OHS regulations.
- Demonstrated proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite, email and web browsing.
- Demonstrates empathy for individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work within a team.
Department: Emergency Housing
Reports To: Residential Services Manager (Full Time); Residential Services Coordinator (Part Time)
Work Schedule: 11pm-7:30am; salary starts at $13.45/hr. (This position is considered an essential position during weather emergencies and necessary to the safe running of our emergency housing program.)
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
We offer a competitive starting salary; excellent benefits package; medical/dental; 401(k); short/long term disability; transportation subsidy; tuition reimbursement; student loan forgiveness; adoption assistance; first time home owner assistance; and generous vacation allotment.
Please send your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements and the job code: HR-RA to email@example.com or by mailing Episcopal Community Services, Human Resources, 225 S. 3rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106. EOE