Please join us for Holy Aging: The Stewardship of Our Later Years, a four-part panel discussion series with regional experts. Free and open to the public, Holy Aging is sponsored by the Montgomery Deanery of the Episcopal Diocese of PA and Episcopal Community Services.
Mark your calendar with the dates below, and please visit www.ecsphilly.org/holyaging to register for free!
October 4, 2015 – Aging Successfully and Well
Given the realities of the physical and cognitive changes we face, what strategies will help us – and our loved ones – continue living our best lives? From aging in place, to assisted living, to nursing homes, there are many options to consider as we grow old. Aging Successfully and Well will explore ways to maintain one’s health, how to recognize the signs that extra care may be needed, and how to make the best decisions later in life.
- James Wells, D.Min, NHA, CEO, Canterbury Court
- Valerie Cotter, DrNP, Director of the Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- Christine Arenson, MD, Professor and Interim Chair Department of Family and Community Medicine, Co-Director, Jefferson InterProfessional Education Center, Thomas Jefferson University
- Brian Walls, DPT, Physical Therapist and Senior Director of Care Coordination, Friends Life Care
October 11, 2015 – Legal and Financial Planning for Older Adults
As we grow older, our financial responsibilities shift. What kind of paperwork needs to be in place as we age? How do I prepare a living will, advanced directive, and power of attorney? And how can I make sure my affairs are in order to protect assets and loved ones after I pass? Legal and Financial Planning for Older Adults will help answer these questions, address tips to prevent elder abuse, and help provide strategies for long-term financial care.
- Jennifer A. Kosteva, Esq., Heckscher, Teillon, Terrill & Sager, P.C.
- George Luskus, Esq., Luskus & Fuelleborn, P.C.
- Matt Capell, CEO, FHS/SeniorCare Payment Solutions
- Diane Menio, Director, Center for Advocacy of the Rights and Interest of the Elderly
Details and future panelists will be announced in the coming months, but please be sure to save these dates!
April 3, 2016 – Spiritual Issues of Aging
April 10, 2016 – When Death Comes
And be sure to spread the word and invite friends or family you think would be interested in attending!