This position will champion the new model, which uses coaching, incentives, goal setting, and a tool called the Bridge to Self-Sufficiency® to walk participants in shelter, housing, and workforce development programs through the achievement of their goals. The Director of Opportunity Development is responsible for providing oversight and support to Opportunity Development Coaching staff as they assist participants in making progress toward economic self-sufficiency. He/she will also be instrumental in the development of an agency culture of coaching.
This position will monitor operations, workflow, and service delivery of the Opportunity Development Department, and will partner with programs on cross-collaborative initiatives. The Director of Opportunity Development reports to the Chief of Programs, and together, they will ensure a culture of strong coaching values and practices is institutionalized throughout ECS.
- Master’s degree in Organizational Development, Nonprofit Leadership, or other like Master’s level degree
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of program management experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Experience with case management in a social service setting preferred, but not required.
- Experience with coaching and capacity for effective coaching
- Knowledge of the effects of intergenerational poverty on individuals and families in Philadelphia
- Comprehensive understanding of performance outcome measurement and quality improvement
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop and facilitate workshops and trainings
- Ability to function as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to manage budget
- Ability to represent ECS effectively in a variety of settings, and with diverse communities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
Department: Opportunity Development
Reports To: Chief of Programs
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9:00am-4:45pm (Flexibility Required)
Exemption Status: Exempt
We offer a competitive starting salary; excellent benefits package; medical/dental; 401(k); short/long term disability; transportation subsidy; tuition reimbursement; student loan forgiveness; adoption assistance; first-time homeowner assistance; and generous vacation allotment.
Please send your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements and the job code: HR-DOD to email@example.com or by mailing Episcopal Community Services, Human Resources, 225 S. 3rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106. EOE