The OST program offers academic, Project Based Learning, physical structured activities, community service and other enrichment opportunities. The Intern Program Assistant works closely with the Program Coordinator and other Program staff to facilitate programming within the set classroom and/or Out of School Time group.
Primary Functions :
- Assists in implementation of program activities with ECS OST staff
- Tutoring, homework help & one on one and small group academic supervision as needed.
- Assists with recreational and enrichment activities with small and large groups.
- Treats co-workers and clients with professionalism, dignity, and respect.
- Is flexible, reliable and able to deal with change in a positive and solution-focused manner
- Works closely with program staff to create a positive, engaging and supportive environment for the students
- High School Diploma and/or can be HS Junior or Senior who needs community service and intends to work with program for 90 days or more.
- Up to date child abuse, criminal background check, FBI fingerprint records and completion of 3 hour mandated reporter training (required by PA law)
- Experience working with/teaching groups of youth.
- Knowledge of child educational development.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge and experience working with minority and underprivileged populations.
- Computer proficiency and working knowledge of relevant technology tools.
- Ability to represent ECS effectively in a variety of settings and with diverse communities.
Department: Out of School Time and Youth Programs
Reports To: Program Manager/Coordinator at the OST site
Intern Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 3:00-6:00pm (Some flexibility required)
Forward your updated resume, hours of availability and any school intern requirements to email@example.com.
ECS OST Locations:
Feltonville Elementary School (238 East Wyoming Ave.)
Feltonville Arts and Sciences (Middle School- 6210 Courtland Ave.)
Finletter Elementary School (6100 North Front St.)
Anderson Elementary and Missle School (1034 South 60th St.)
West Philadelphia Achievement Charter Elementary School (6701 Callowhill St.)
Darby, DE County:
Park Lane Elementary School (1300 Park Lane)